Bone Grafting For Dental Implants | Restorative Dentistry in Waterville, ME | Dentist Near Me For Bone Grafting
When needed, bone grafts build a strong foundation for one or more dental implants down the road. They create a more thick and wide base to support implants and long-term dental restoration.
Did you know that around 95 percent of dental bone grafting surgeries are successful, but it’s on us and our patients to make sure that the procedure is a success and a step along the road toward building a beautiful smile.
For our patients here in Waterville and surrounding areas, we put a premium on the “care” aspect of dental care. This includes communicating fully and honestly with each patient.
After your dental exam, your dental health professional will decide whether there’s enough foundation for the tooth/teeth implant. If not, a bone graft becomes the correct course of action to keep the implant from failing.
What Patients Need To Know About Bone Grafts:
Dental bone grafting can be relatively minor, or a more serious dental procedure. Each situation is different, and we’re here to make sure your jawbone can handle the load.
- Types of Bone Grafts: minor, medium, major, and sinus lift.
- Do Bone Grafts Hurt?: Numbness, pain and swelling likely, decreasing over time.
- Where Does Replacement Bone Come From?: From elsewhere within your body, though there are other options. Your Waterville Family Dentist professionals will work with you to make the best decision when it comes to dental bone grafting materials.
- How Much Do Bone Grafts Cost?: It’s a common, but fairly major surgery. We work with patients to make it effective and affordable.
- How Long Does Dental Bone Grafting Take?: If a dental bone graft is needed, it will add to the length of your overall treatment for dental implants. The amount of recovery time depends on the extent of the procedure.
- Post-Procedure Healing: Months, up to a year, depending on severity of bone graft.
Dental Implant Steps: Bone Grafting
Whether replacing one tooth or multiple teeth with a dental implant, bone grafting is a serious procedure and may result in swelling of the face and gums, bruising on skin and gums, and bleeding.
Your Waterville dentist may prescribe pain medication and/or antibiotics to aid in recovery. It’s important to keep our team at Waterville Family Dentistry in the know as to how you’re healing up.
What Our Patients Are Saying About Their Experience.
A Rating on Google
Your first visit won’t be your last.
We look forward to having you join our family here at Waterville Family Dentistry!