Complete and Partial Denture Services in Waterville, ME
Dentures replace missing or rotted teeth, restoring your overall oral health and smile! Essentially dentures are crafted prosthetic teeth that are perfectly constructed to fit the needs of your smile. Dentures are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of your mouth, allowing a comfortable fit. Here at Waterville Family Dentistry we are proud to be expert denture providers, as we truly believe that this service gives our patients a beautiful and fresh start.
If you are interested in getting dentures or have questions about the installation process, please give us a call today, we would be happy to discuss dentures and any of our other services with you.
How Long Does It Take To Get Dentures?
A conventional set of complete dentures are created and put in place after the problem teeth are removed and the gums have begun the healing process. These will be placed in the mouth 8-12 weeks after the teeth are extracted.
Partial dentures are removable and also known as a bridge. They usually involve the replacement of teeth and are attached to a plastic base made to appear gum-like. Connected by a specially constructed metal framework, well-made dentures stay firmly in the mouth and takes much less time to complete as a process than complete dentures.
What You Need To Know About Dentures:
- Dental implants and bridges may be used instead of dentures.
- Dental implants and bridges may be used to support partial dentures.
- Many dental insurance companies cover dentures. We can work with you to find out about your specific situation.
- New dentures will take a few weeks to be completely comfortable and fitted in your mouth.
- The goal is for your dentures to look the same as your natural teeth, often even better.
- Eating with new dentures can be a learning experience, but you and your mouth will adjust to your new dentures quickly.
- Dentures may affect speech and pronunciation, but with time this will fade.
- Most dentures are worn nearly all the time at first, then less over time as your mouth and gums adjust.
The development of highly customized dentures takes multiple appointments and usually weeks, if not more, to complete the restoration process. Once your Waterville dentist has created a treatment plan, our professional and skilled dental health professionals get to work on your Total Smile Makeover!
In Search of Dentures? Contact Waterville Family Dentistry Today!
If you are in search of a dental practice to install dentures or have any additional questions about your dental health, please call us directly at 207-873-1311. Our expert dentists have a specialty in general, cosmetic, restorative, and emergency dentistry services, and would be happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you create the smile of your dreams soon!
What Our Patients Are Saying About Their Experience.
A Verified 5 Star Rating on Google
Your first visit won’t be your last.
We look forward to having you join our family here at Waterville Family Dentistry!