Dentures: Complete & Partial | Dentures in Waterville, ME | Restorative Dentist Near Me
Dentures have come a long way in a fairly short amount of time, increasing in effectiveness and comfort over the years.
A big step in the care of missing teeth, dentures are removable and can be partial or complete. The former replaces some missing teeth, leaving existing natural teeth in place, while the latter is basically a full set of teeth for patients who need to go this route.
How Long Does It Take To Get Dentures?
A conventional set of complete dentures are created and put in place after the problem teeth are removed and the gums have begun the healing process. These will be placed in the mouth 8-12 weeks after the teeth are extracted.
Partial dentures are removable and also known as a bridge. They usually involve the replacement of teeth and are attached to a plastic base made to appear gum-like. Connected by a specially constructed metal framework, well-made dentures stay firmly in the mouth and takes much less time to complete as a process than complete dentures.
What You Need To Know About Dentures
- Dental implants and bridges may be used instead of dentures.
- Dental implants and bridges may be used to support partial dentures.
- Many dental insurance companies cover dentures. We can work with you to find out about your specific situation.
- New dentures will take a few weeks to be completely comfortable and fitted in your mouth.
- The goal is for your dentures to look the same as your natural teeth, often even better.
- Eating with new dentures can be a learning experience, but you and your mouth will adjust to your new dentures quickly.
- Dentures may affect speech and pronunciation, but with time this will fade.
- Most dentures are worn nearly all the time at first, then less over time as your mouth and gums adjust.
The development of highly customized dentures takes multiple appointments and usually weeks, if not more, to complete the restoration process. Once your Waterville dentist has created a treatment plan, our professional and skilled dental health professionals get to work on your Total Smile Makeover!
What Our Patients Are Saying About Their Experience.
A Verified 5 Star Rating on Google
Your first visit won’t be your last.
We look forward to having you join our family here at Waterville Family Dentistry!